Friday, February 11, 2011

The Latest

OK so we've made it to the second trimester and I am now 16 weeks.  The last Doctor's Appointment went well, except for the fact I lost a pound.  I have had zero sickness and have never lost my appetite, so it was very confusing when the Dr. came in and told me that.  I have a feeling this next visit that scale is going to climb right on up! I am preparing myself mentally because I have never surpassed the 150 marker.  Right now we are holding steady at 137.  And no I do not care who knows how much I weigh.  I weighed 135 when I graduated high school, but did the opposite when I got to college and somehow dropped down to 110 lbs.  Yuck.  I looked strange.  Glad I packed the pounds back on when I met Daniel.  All there is to do down here is eat.  After 1 year of marriage I reached the 149 mark.  OOPS. When all you do is work and then get home late to eat, it happens.  So last year I started walking, and then began riding my bicycle religiously!  I got back down to 135 and all was well again. 

OK enough about my life history on my weight.  We will (hopefully) find out what we are having at our next appointment.  Do I have any guesses as to what I'm having?  Of course.  I think it's a boy because every single one of my dear friends who are pregnant right now as well are ALL I repeat, ALL are having girls.  All I pray for is a healthy sweet bundle.  I have no preference.  What ever Jesus wants me to have I will gladly take. 

I am trying to prepare my sweet baby Willa.  I am going to use my favorite cabbage patch doll and start putting it in the swing, bumbo etc. around the house.  Lucky for me this doll cries.  Hopefully she will react ok and get used to this new "person" and it will be a smoother transition for when the "real deal" arrives.  Wonder if they make doggie prozac?

I don't feel a lot of movement yet, but I do feel little bubbles or waves in my belly once or twice a day.  Here is a picture my sister in law took of me.  Apparently I am failing on the whole week by week pregnancy photos.  I will try and do better.



1 comment:

jenn said...

i had a friend that bought a baby noises cd to help her dog adjust to having a baby around...maybe you should look into that? :)