Ok so I slacked and didn't post some more pictures or give anyone any updates. I was busy...well the month of June I was. July was spent napping and putting baby stuff away and going to the Doctor. Everything went good up until about 38 weeks when my blood pressure decided to sky rocket for no reason putting me in the hospital for one night. I didn't sleep a wink. Those labor beds are not meant for anyone to be comfortable, probably because most get an epidural.
![]() |
| 32 Weeks |
s
![]() |
| 30 Weeks |
![]() |
| 37 Weeks |
![]() |
| 36 Week Ultrasound |
![]() |
| 40 Weeks |
Ok so these last two photos of me in the red tank, I was in labor and in denial. Let's start from the beginning that day. I went to the Dr. on a Wednesday...planning to be induced the following day...completely unaware of what he was going to do. However I am glad because not knowing sometimes is the best policy. We'll just leave it at one word. Lamanaria. Go google it if you wish. Don't you love all that fun stuff they do at the end of pregnancy? I now have a new found respect for cows. Nothing glamorous about any of it. My husband even hung around during all of this. God bless him. So after Doctor finished doing all that was done. I was sent on my merry but painful way to Mazzio's even though I was feeling some intense pain. However the Dr. warned me that this may happen for a while afterwards. I ate my share and everyone else's in the restaurant of pizza and salad. My husband said "well are you ready to go back to Lake Village?" "Uhhh..no not really...I am really hurting..." Once again I thought I was just being a whimp. So I suggest going to walk around Wal-Mart...so of course you run into 10 people you know and try to hide the pain and hope to God your water doesn't break and end up like this movie...
However as I was standing talking to an SLP friend a small gush of water hit...oh "bad word"..I smiled and politely wrapped up the conversation quickly...still didn't think "this is it." Continued to walk around Wal-Mart for probably another hour...then went to the Marketplace and finally texted my Dr. (Yes I text my Dr. don't make fun) I told him I was dying. No not really. I asked how bad am I supposed to hurt? I had no idea what "real" contractions were...I have had braxton hicks since 35 weeks or so. He told me to come back and I said no...stupid idiot me. I didn't want to show up looking like a silly willy and nothing was actually going on and it was all in my head. I finally convinced myself it was letting up and allowed Daniel to drive us back home.
Well it did let up a little bit..but not enough for me to take a nap. Danget. So we ate dinner...I went to see Evan because it was his second birthday and that's when it was really hurting again..like 5 to 6 minutes apart waves of pain. Well the evening progressed on and at 9 I decide well maybe a shower will help. No. If anything it was torture. Trying to dry yourself off in the middle of contractions is no bueno. Finally as Daniel goes to get in bed and go to sleep I say..."I give in. I can't take it anymore." This was 10 o'clock at night. These pains were coming every 2 to 3 minutes now. So you can pretty much say since about 1 that afternoon until 10 that night I endured pain. (I know I can't believe it either) I text my Dr. and he says I'll see ya there. Longest ride to Monticello ever. Daniel did not take full privilege of the fact you can drive as fast as you want! He drove the flippin speed limit through Dermott. I kept my cool and listened to the 60's and 70's station on xm radio. How ironic was that "hell if for children" came on. I changed it. Bohemian Rhapsody was on the other station so this occupied me for a good 5 to 7 minutes. Daniel sped up once I began to sing along...I can't imagine why. =) We arrive to the hospital and Dr. tells me I am at a 4. Well thank God because I would have been upset if it was a false alarm. Within 45 minutes I get an epidural. Praise be. Even though it took another hour for it to take on both sides....I was starting to get nervous. Well I feel nothing the whole night, but can't sleep because the bottom half of my body is dead and I can't get comfortable. So I stare...at the clock..at Daniel who is snoring...I was so jealous. Finally 5 o'clock gets there and they bring me a pill to help keep labor going. Cytotec? Well not a lot goes on for another few hours. They start the pitocin at 7. Doctor comes around about 9 and I think I was between a 5 and 6 at this point. So I lay there and watch the Golden Girls...re-runs of Swamp People..and then Jeopardy comes on at 11. I was on my game! I even answered the final Jeopardy question. Then in comes the Doctor because it was time to push. This is 11:30. So he gets everything ready, and makes sure everyone is accounted for. I still can't feel anything. (thank God, shhhh don't tell anyone I repeatedly pushed my epidural button when I heard they were calling him over) They tell me to push...I guess I didn't impress them. Two words-Fundal Pressure. Holy cow I had no idea what these 2 nurses were doing when they climbed on stools standing over me, and then began to press hard on my belly and telling me to push at the same time. All I could think was I am so mad at my friends for not telling me about the sea weed and now this! And the Doctor kept asking, "Now how big was she at the last ultrasound?" Apparently he had no idea she was going to be this size...he expected a 6 pound baby... Abi made it out at 11:59. I maybe pushed 5 or 6 times for a total of 10 minutes. I was flabergasted! What? That's it! All this building up to this day and that's all?!? Great! That wasn't too terrible!
Here she is...
7 lbs 10 oz 20 inches long















No comments:
Post a Comment